I received a list of the gear in place over there today. Looking through it, it does appear to have a lot of the bases covered, except for wireless systems. Keeping in mind that it is just a list. We'll never know til we actually lay eyes on what we have. So, in general, no real scathing remarks to make about the gear. There is an air compressor, for which I can envision no real purpose. Blowing up tents? Blowing sand out of all the crevices? Well we'll see.
On a separate note, training for Ft. Dix is still on. Looks like I will be doing the island gig and then trotting down the road the Sunday after to go to warrior camp along with some other of my compadres. Hardcore all the way. The best part about this training is that its actually non-specific, unlike the warrior fantasy band camp we were supposed to go to. That training was at least geared specifically for our mission, which is a bit unique don't you know. Now, in true military fashion, we will go through two weeks of how to be a combat airman or some such. Not to say we would have gotten anything out of the other course, but by basic time spent it was the winner- one week less.
Next week is drill. We are slated to do medical on Saturday- shot up with all sorts of vaccines, then you guessed it- PT TEST the next morning. Then off to drive hummers down at Otis. I don't think I am getting home anytime soon that day. I shouldn't complain, there are some of us who FLY to get here. The conclusion of that weekend should lead to some good posts.
All for now, James.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment