Thursday, March 25, 2010

Off to Ft. Dix!

At first I thought I might have a hard time posting consistently, but in the category of What the !!!###**!! the military really has no peer. Here is the latest on our pre-deployment training.

Our one week of fantasy warrior band camp at Volk Field has been turned into a two weeks of real training at Ft. Dix. Someone up the chain obviously thought we needed more crap coming down the line, or someone got pissed off at someone else, and in turn we are getting the golden shower. Now I am no stranger to ole Ft. Dix. I did my ARMY Basic Training there in 89', and that was when they could still choke you. Aah the good old days. I returned sometime in the late 90's, can't quite remember when, and proceeded to dazzle the NCO Cadre for Primary Leadership School, or PLDC. Well, I was an honor grad. Really. Anyhow, this bagpipe player is no stranger to the Doughboy Loop and such. I have the feeling that we won't be bringing our horns to this hoe-down either. Call me psychic.

I guess the only real positive out of this predicament is that we won't have to do the dreaded Island Gig. Or will we? Technically we could do the gig at and then shoot down to Dix for Sunday. On a scale of one to ten that would be this really blows- I think that's on the low side.

Well time to sharpen my bayonet... that's what I used when I was last there. What's the spirit of a bayonet fighter! KILL, KILL, KILL! What are the two types of Bayonet Fighters? The QUICK and the DEAD! What type are you! The quick?....... Well I used to be quick. All for now, James.

No comments:

Post a Comment