Mr. Sun- rising over getting ready to light it up. Saturday the 24th at about 5:00 am.
Friday the 23rd was my 39th birthday, and I can tell you for sure I never thought it would be here. Well I guess I’ve known I would be here on my birthday for about a year now. Really, who can ever predict what we are going to be doing, so I realize that’s a lame statement. Anyway, I’m 39 dammit.
Friday was Right Start day in the morning where we were tortured via powerpoint presentation. Most of the information was repetitive of what we have already been told, but this is the military, so there you have it. After that it was nap time until 1:00 pm. The rest of the day was at the clinic waiting to get Malaria pills, yumm, and see if I would in fact be infected, once again, with the smallpox disease. Well in honor of my birthday I got out of there with pills in hand and nary a pin prick on my arm. Now the chase is on till I get out of here. And, don’t worry, I have already been inoculated to the pox, its just been awhile.
Upon return to my room at 6:00 pm I promptly downed a shot of Nyquil and proceeded to pass out for about 8 hours.
My bed- top bunk as usual. My body was in need I guess. I woke up at about 4:00 am this Saturday and went outside, and what do you know, it was not horribly oppressive with heat. Mr. Sun was still asleep and had not raised his angry head over this country yet. Go figure. I skyped to Bonnie and went and got some chow, which I can say, I finally was able to taste due to my sense of smell coming back a bit. We’ll see how long that lasts. Right now I’m in the band hall writing this post and working on some music.
Today is our off day. Adam and Kevin K. intend to be pool bunnies. I’m not sure my plans or the rest of the band. Some will come to the band hall to rehearse I’m sure. I probably will do some laundry and sleep. All for now.
Tony, Justin, and Kevin, in the back of the truck on the way to get Malaria pills.
Justin working on music. Great to have you with us buddy.
Major Miller. His trumpet playing has filled out our section. He is one gung ho dude.
Kevin K. at clinic waiting to get malaria pills. Kevin is trying to teach me some Hendrix. He has a lot of patience.
Jodi and Jamie in their boonie hats in the back of the truck.
Here's a short video clip of Jodi singing Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. Its my first video attempt that made it. I manage to get a shot of everyone- even Justin who is hiding behind me at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment