Before I get to the first blood thing, I first wanted to show you what is on the wall in the hallway to our glorified trailer for 40 or so people. As much as I hate people, I like kids, and this is great to see. They are all around the base also. Even to a jaded guy like me, this makes my day seeing these type of cards, sent by kids all over our country. What’s that – no some sand just got in my eye. Anyway.
First Blood was drawn today. We performed at the Bra, what I also now call the echo chamber from hell. It is a humungus tent you know. Not sure on the spelling for humungus, but once again if you haven’t been following- my blog. I had to run sound in said tent, and listen to umpteen people tell me their opinion of how to do it. Well maybe not that many, but I’m kinda touchy about this sound stuff. The PA Band came to see us, which was nice to have some peers in the audience.
The gig went well, or well enough. We were received pretty decently, and most importantly we all had a good time. Although being the sound guy does really blow. Oh well, its my fault for not being a virtuoso musician. Here are some pics.
Jodi and Kevin M. unloading the truck.
Good load crew. I was supervising at the time.
Drag that box Jamie! Remember lift with your legs not your back.
Kevin K. showing his age or his IQ, I’m not sure. Nice, I’m sure your family will be proud to see that. Backside of Justin. He looks like he was posing too.
Kevin, Tony and I singing Blackbird. The guy on the end was from the audience and came up to play the bongos with us. Pretty cool.
Yeah, thats a mess. Do I look happy doing this?
Me singing Soul Sister. Now that’s how you sing in a mic. Make love baby. Save you wise posts Klepacki, or that Ovation will get one step closer to your noggin’.
Special thanks to Kevin Martin for taking some pictures for me. It allows me to be in some of these posts. However, as you can tell, food is fine over here. Oh well, all for now. James.
No comments:
Post a Comment