Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday Rehearsals and Such







Wednesday and Thursday we have been rehearsing. We have been adding our acoustic set, and Kevin K. has been giving me some more knowings on the old guitar to help out in some of the sets. All is going well. Thursday, July 22, in the morning we rehearsed our with all horns playing marches and such. We also went through an anthem to a country we will soon be heading to. Op sec says, let you know when we get back what anthem it was.

In the afternoon we went to supply to pick up our body armor and helmet. Man, that crap is heavy, but I'm sure I will be glad to have it. Lugging it around is a bitch though. Here's me walking to work.
My impression of Al Udeid thus far is that one, its still hot as hell, but you kind if get used to it. This being said, we are in air conditioning all day, so it's not that bad. Going outside blows- sometimes literally with sand. Two, it doesn't appear to be bad duty here, but I could see how it could get boring- beer tent and all. Maybe if you had the right type of job. For me playing my horn is the best way to be over here. I hope it pans out well for the audience too.
I have noticed my followers have taken a jump. Thanks to all. Doing a great job, now keep it up. Put the word out. Once we hit the road it will get more interesting. If not I will make things up. Oh yeah, actually Saturday is pool day- I got that wrong. Tommorow we have to go to some wacky power point presentation about being here and getting started right. I figure drink your three beers a day- that's the limit, and they do have Guiness, so I'm not complaining. Hi to anyone at the PD who is following this blog. More pics to come, and maybe some video if I can get it to work. Bye!







No comments:

Post a Comment