Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27th, Moon Over Al Udeid and Making a Pallet of Our Gear

DSCN0869

Here’s a shot of the moon over Al Udeid last night. It looks full, but I can never really tell unless I look at a calendar. It was pretty cool though.

Today we sorted out our equipment for and arranged it in order to be palletized. Our load seemed fairly conservative, as far as things go, but all in all, I think we’ll have the necessary gear to get the job done. And really, it ain’t about the gear, it’s what you put through it, it’s the source man, you always have to go back to the source.

Getting ready to hit the road at some point. I can’t say when, and when we do, I can’t say where, until we are done in that location. I will continue to blog, but give you a sanitized version that does not reveal our location. Or something like that.

A point of interest here. They call the latrines cadillacs. You know like the car? Why, I do not know. If I find out I will let you know. And they are all outside on this side of the base. Seems like indoor plumbing in the desert is a prime option of which we don’t rate. Across the base, in the new digs, everything is inside, like its supposed to be. Well, I still get my three beers, so what am I complaining about.

Membership is up on the Blog. Keep telling your friends to sign up. I know several of you put links from the devil facebook. I don’t approve, but I do appreciate the bump in numbers, so feel free to keep those links up. If you don’t already know, I believe the facebook is being run by the Man to monitor your life. In contrast, my blog is only able to accessed if someone gives you the direct link. Like an exclusive club. Chez Noury, say. Now get that link out to anybody who will sign up. And if you are on facebook, and I know you are, you are not without company, so don’t mind my rantings- what’s that I hear, baaaa, baaaaaaaaa, baaaaa……….. nice little sheepy.

Some pics of todays palletizing session.

DSCN0844

Thing of beauty eh? My pallet, not Kevin Martin.

DSCN0852

Breaking down the load to weigh and mark gear.

DSCN0848

This definitely looks like goverment work here.DSCN0856

Ants go marching. This was our trek across the desert to go to the bigger BX ( Base Exchange) across post. Everyone made it.

All for now. James

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure why I am the only one that makes comments....but I told you the facebook thing would work!

    ReplyDelete