Well Day Two, July 19. Today we basically ran some charts. All seemed to go well as we got our feet under us and figured out how to plug stuff in without it exploding. Yes, its 240v over here, and you need a step down convertor to hook up our crap- Pat . Anyhow no fires, and the music appears like it will come together. Major Guidre commented that he was glad we were a band with it’s own identity. Oh, yes we do. It nice to hear it though. Tomorrow we play for some Colonel who is the big boss. Supposed to be a good guy.
Not as hot as hell today, but yeah, still damn hot. Food seems ok, I still can’t taste much due to nose issues, but getting better. It’s also available twenty four seven which is nice.
This is us in the band room. The one in the uniform top is Major Miller on loan to us as a trumpet player, and guy with rank, from Chicago area.
Here’s Jodi singing with our improvised sound device (ISD).
Major Guidre, Afcent Band OIC, addresses the band.
And later that day…….beers at the Bra. The Bra is so named because its a tent that resembles said apparel. Hey, I never said it was going to be hard duty. Thursday is pool day. Anyhow all for now. Also,Happy Birthday to Tony. Later days- James.
The Bra- or at least one boob of it.
Hey as a ps- some of you who are viewing the blog need to become followers. I know this ain’t as hot as the stupid facebook thing, but you gotta admit, it’s exclusive. Now get in on the ground floor and join up. You are making me look bad. Jodi has some goofy dog cut-out from work and is making me look silly. Story of my life. And I do like Jet ,Jodi- see here’s picture on my blog.
In Norfolk on Kevin’s guitar. Nice job Jet. You are getting a better response than I am.
Glad to see you are doing all right..and maybe if you could hook this up to facebook you could get more followers!
ReplyDeleteHey James. Just updating the family - we didn't have very good internet at the lake. I really liked the pics of the jersey barriers. Paul liked the "rant" about tattoos. I printed out the blog last week so Paul could give it to your dad to read. Tell Jodi we said HI and that Chris remembered to bring in her element for an o/f. Hope all is well and stay safe - see your soon.
ReplyDeleteKaren, Paul and Kids