Monday, August 9, 2010

August 7&8, Saturday, Sunday Wrap up. Gigs at Army LSA, Ali Al Salem Pool, and E-Meds H0spital.

Sun setting over Ali Al Salem- not the Salem with the witches, but they would certainly do the same thing to them over here.  You hear that you wiccans. 

DSCN1346

This post will cover both Saturday and Sunday.  I figured I would wait a day to get more info in the blog.  That and I got lazy.

Saturday we played over on the Army side again, at the LRS.  I think it stands for Life something or other Support. Its seems as if this is where the Army is in-processed and sent out to where ever they  are to be stationed.  So kind of transient.  The Army once again, my old alma mater, treated us well.  We met the Commander and Command Sergeant Major, and were all given plaques of thanks.  Nice touch.

DSCN1324

LRS gig site.  Outdoors and about 110 degrees.  It’s dry heat though- so you just feel like your being roasted in a convection oven.

RSCN1325

Us standing with the Commander and Command Sgt Major, after receiving our plaques.

DSCN1311

Jodi and Jamie sing Marley with our POC SSgt Salcido on the end,  and our Army contact a Staff Sgt that I can not remember her name.  They were great to have on stage.  DSCN1276

Klepacki rockin’ it out again.  Another broken e string.  This man is hard on the old cat gut. This is one my artistic shots.

The gig itself went well.  I was able to EQ Adam’s bass drum to an actual sounding pitch, which Kevin, Justin and myself thought was hilarious, and we left it like that…… until we heard how  sounded at the sound check with Buddy- this is our tune about having casual friend sex, don’t you know. Anyway- it sounded cool, yet really bad, in not a good way.  I eq’d it back to a  normal bass drum sound and off we went.  Justin and Kevin are really doing great running sound.  Dealing with me ain’t no picnic and I appreciate their work immensely.

DSCN1295

Kevin Martin intense aux percussion and does a great vocal back up on Jimi Hendrix Fire.  Here’s your black and white buddy.  Notice specialty mic.  Yeah baby- Shure 56A designed especial for aux percussion.  Alternately used for special cajon miking.

DSCN1292 

Tony on the keys for the Marley.  A little sepia tone for Tone- get it. Everything basically looks like sepia over here.

On Sunday we played a gig at the pool on the Air Force Side of Ali Al  Salem.  They were having some sort of  loo ow.  I know that’s not how its spelled, but you got it right?  This was intended to be our acoustic set, but when we got there I could definitely see this wasn’t the James Taylor, Peter Frampton, Olde Crowe Medicine Show, crowd.  Nay, nay, they were partying it up in the pool.    So after a quick reassessment, and some bitching, we decided to do the Marley and Bill Withers tunes, with drum kit, bass and electric guitar.   I also snuck in a harmonica solo during Superstition.  There will be more of these to come, at unexpected times. We quickly set up a couple speakers and three mics and it went, if I must say so, swimmingly-  Ha! get it! Did I tell you it was really hot here?  Heat gets to your brain.DSCN1333

Kevin K. and the Marley girls at the Pool.  Dig the embossed look?

DSCN1338

Told you it was by a pool. This is the Air Force.

 

 

Sunday afternoon  we did the acoustic set at the E-Meds hospital, for about nineteen patients there.  A real mellow gig, but with a great purpose.  Over here no really comes to see you in the hospital, other than some of your buddies, and they might not be anywhere close.  The only criticism I would have of this gig, was that it was too short, and we should have been there earlier to be able to spend more time.  I was able to give out three harmonicas to some patients that were really into it.

DSCN1355

Pat, Jodi and Kevin playing at the E-Meds.  I didn’t take a lot of shots here, because I didn’t want to look like a douche.  Yeah I know- keep your remarks to yourself.  This was a really good gig.

I suppose you may have noticed a lot of the pictures are off the same people. I am going to try to spread it around a bit more, considering some family may be reading it.  Justin definitely needs more camera time.  Also Major Miller and Pat.  I am not unaware of this and will attempt to get more of them into the pics.  It’s a work in progress as they say.    All for now- James  out!

No comments:

Post a Comment