Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In Afghanistan and No wireless- huh...

Well we landed in Bagram Afghanistan today, Tuesday, August 10th. On the flight over, which was in a c17, I wrote yesterdays post, but unfortunately you will have to wait until I can find a wireless connection to upload it. This does not seem to be as big a priority here- Army go figure. Not much to say about the base, other than its dirty as hell and the transient tents blow chunks. At least they gave us linens- I think I may just sleep in my uniform anyway. Big Army is here and that tends to change things in my experience, not for the good. Once again the press of humanity is oppressive. People don't seem to know how to act or treat others in these situations. Two of the things we were warned about - land mines and rape. I'm not sure if it goes in that order, but what the F@#!K. Anyway we wanted this, and now we got it. Be careful what you wish for. This is to be a short trip so yay!

When I get access to wireless I will post my update of our last gig in Ali Al Salem. It may not be till later in the week, and I will post about the Afghanistan jobs too. All for now. James

No comments:

Post a Comment