Maybe a little melodramatic of a title, but this place has gone from suck to blow. Dirty, dusty, craptown- oh well, the gigs today.
First was at their hospital here- where we were admonished for bringing more than one guitar and singer, however, no one that we played for seemed to mind. It was still nice to play for some of the patients , yet it did seem that we were the ones imposing ourselves. This doesn't free up your artistic genius very well. I was able to pass out some harmonicas to some guys in a rehabilitation tent. They were very gracious about us interrupting their movie- we were basically forced on them. Always good to play for people in a hospital though.
Next we had a gig by the BX, which was ok, if not in a lousy spot. We definitely got some foot traffic watchers and some that hung out for awhile. We were able to play for some Army guys who had just come back from some hard duty. They appreciated our choice of music. Our energy was down today- possibly a matter of lack of sleep- due to jets screaming in and out all night long, and living in a dusty craphole.
I should be able to post pics later in the week. I'm not sure how I will do it yet, but I took them.
Why can't I post them now? Well it seems on this base, some can have wireless and some can't. What a load of crap! Everywhere else is connected. It seems that its fine for people that are here in an active status, but not transients. That goes along with about every other crappy thing about this base such as, the smell, which is sewage, the dust, which is everywhere, including up my nose, the filthy tent I am living in with 50 other people, and oh yeah, all these people!
Alright, I am whining, I admit it, but really- some have wireless and others do not? That is so F!#@ing Army I can't believe it. I hope the rest of the gigs are outstanding.
Well enough rant for now- hope to post full blogs late in the week. James
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment