Well not much to report again today. Yesterday was doing some laundry and playing my guitar. Today involved a short afternoon rehearsal, and hanging out at the Brazziere and having a few brews. I did take a chance to take some pics of some of the jersey barriers that are painted for the units, so at least there is something to post.
Flags in front of the Bra.
These are all over the base left by units that are stationed here. I guess for the amount of time we are stationed here we could paint a cinder block or something.
I thought that this one was pretty cool.
Here’s a close up of the quote, which I really like. If you can’t make it out it says “ If a man hasn’t discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live” MLK 1963
There’s more around base, but these are a good example.
Ok- now for some rantings about life at Al Udeid.
So walking around this base. About every person you walk by has some kind of frown, and is trying to be the baddest mf’er there is. Now at some point you come to the realization that as bad as you can be, there is someone always badder. You can make up a lot a ground with crazy, but that’s another rant. I guess what I’m saying is that its quasi hostile here, but if you talk to people one on one, they seem pretty cool. Like I said before, its not a natural state. Just an observation. I definitely have a social disorder of some sort, so this just may be my own hostility manifesting in some way. I don’t think so, do you?…….. be careful of your answer.
Food. Well it is plentiful available, but I gotta tell you, it ain’t that good. I think because it’s not made with love. You know how it is. There gots to be love in the food for it to be good. There is ice cream, and you pretty much can’t ef that up, so there you go.
Well pretty soon we will be on the road. I hope to have more interesting things to post other than my rants, but you have to fill the space. Later, James
No comments:
Post a Comment